Google verification

Sunday 17 January 2010

The start of my weight loss diary

Hi,
As you can see I have not been here since July 2009 when I did a short post on my back pain blog which has been causing me a lot of problems since my entry before that on February 2008. When I started this blog I wrote it more as a month to month diary of me and what I had been up to but suggested in my blog that I would write a diet blog in October 2007. In the summer of 2007 I had Hypnosis to help me lose weight and wrote a few posts on that then nothing until January 2008 when I started my weight loss diary. Unfortunately that only lasted until February 2008 as my life was taken over and dominated by pain which was all written in my back pain blog.

I have now decided to try and make a conscious effort to lose weight and write my diary as at only 5ft in height I do not have any spares inches in which to carry extra weight. As it is I am top heavy but the only way round that would be to have a breast reduction which is out of the question.

Its hard to admit and put into words the way I feel about my body since my last big spinal operation which left me in Hospital for three months and I had to have another two further surgeries. What I can say is that I cannot bear to look at myself around my middle and always put on a camisole after my shower whatever the weather.

Its not that I'm a vain person or even that I want to get into a bikini as at my age its not something I would think of in the first place but it just looks such a mess from all the various surgeries I have had. I also know that the worst thing for back pain is to carry excess weight so this is something I should have done a long time ago.

This time I hope to succeed, no I WILL succeed and in the process will write my diary as often as I can, warts and all. I am starting it tomorrow by shrinking my stomach on a three day diet plan which was originally called "The British Heart Foundation Diet" but they now will have nothing to do with this and it is just listed as the three day diet.

I'm not going to give you my weight (chicken, I know) but thats between me and the scales but I will give you my losses (hopefully) along the way. I guess that is all I have left to say for today except do all wish me luck.

No comments: