Google verification

Wednesday 24 March 2010

Day One of Slimming World Club Diet

After suffering badly for the last week with terrible back pain in which I consoled myself by eating anything and everything, as if my throat was being cut, I had decided that no matter what, I was going to join the Slimming World Club Diet last night as the weight gain was getting beyond a joke and certainly no joke to my health either.

I'd been a member of this club before and a couple of friends have been going for a few weeks now so I didn't feel in the least bit uncomfortable rejoining.

As usual a new book comes out at the beginning of every New Year but this time the latest Extra Easy Diet is at the front of the book and the Green Days and Red Days at the back. If you read the Extra Easy it implies you can eat as much as you like of fruit, vegetables (including potatoes) and pasta which to me seems impossible to lose weight on.

Anyway, I'm going to stick with the Red or Green Day diet until I really work out the Extra Easy as I would be so embarrassed if I went back after my first week and had gained some weight rather than lost some.

Today I've had a funny day in that I had a preplanned meal out which had a menu which was difficult to choose from, but without all the chocolates and biscuits I had been eating before, I felt I'd had a good day, no matter what.

Tomorrow I'm putting a list on the fridge of FREE green foods and FREE red so that I don't have to keep looking in the book and I'm going online to copy some new recipes. Then on Friday when we do our usual shop my shopping list will be full of the right foods for the diet.

I HAVE to lose this weight for myself, my back and my family and friends who suffer with me when I'm in pain and hopefully with the support of the club, friends and this diary which I am going to write daily I will see a light at the end of the tunnel to fighting what seems to have been a never ending battle to lose weight.

No comments: