Google verification

Thursday 11 March 2010

More bad news about FRESH Fruit - too much can make you fat

From being told that dried fruit is fattening now an article in The Mail has stated that too much fresh fruit can make you fat !!!!

Within your 5 a day portions you could be consuming more fructose or fruit sugar than you thought.

I will give you a list of one piece of fruit and the equivalent amount of sugar - you will be really surprised.

Apricot (pinch)
Clementine (pinch)
Plum (large pinch)
Fig ( half teaspoon)
8 Cherries ( half teaspoon)
1 Slice of Honeydew Melon ( over half a teaspoon)
Kiwi (over half a teaspoon)
Orange (over half a teaspoon)
5 Strawberries ( one teaspoon)
Glass of Orange Juice ( one teaspoon)
Banana ( one teaspoon )
Small Mango ( one teaspoon )
Grapefruit ( one and a half teaspoons)
Granny Smith Apple (one and a half teaspoons)
Golden Delicious Apple ( two teaspoons)
Pear ( two teaspoons)
Large bunch of grapes 500g ( EIGHT teaspoons)

Don't know about you but I'm in shock at some of the amounts of sugar already in fruit and its something I eat an awful lot of which has stemmed from me doing the Slimming World Diet which classes fruit as a free food. I think I'm going to have to look at my far more seriously and do a daily diary to see how much I am actually eating.

No comments: